Thursday, May 26, 2011

Building Blocks

I can't even remember how long I have been working on this yellow & orange log cabin quilt... a blogger search tells me it was at least 2 years back in December. Maybe 2 1/2 years? I know I have been collecting yellow & orange fabric for it for almost all of my quilting career!

But now I have sewn all the blocks.

64: enough for a queen size quilt.

This picture doesn't do them justice, I was just so excited last night at midnight when I finished the last block, I had to take a picture. They are are so happy! They remind me of little jewel boxes full of sunshine and joy.

I still need to assemble the quilt top, which comes with a catch....

These are lazy log cabin blocks... meaning that I was too lazy to get and press each log as I sewed, I just finger-pressed and squared everything in my lap. There is a lot of variation in size, so I'm going to have to add some coping strips to square them all up.

I'm definitely adding more yellow and orange strips but I'm tempted to throw in some of this pink & red Kaffe print as well. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment