Monday, January 31, 2011

January Progress

I'm doing an end-of-month review of The List , my annual goal setting and focus-inducing effort. Here at the end of January, I am doing... well, great! If I can keep this up for the whole year, I am going to be one accomplished lady.

Finished Quilts

4 of this month's finished quilts

I finished 7 quilts this month (6 of them small, but hey, that's still 7 quilts!) 4 of them were on my WIP list (the 2 Christmas Tree Mini Quilts were one item.)
  1. Christmas Tree Mini Quilts done 1/11
  2. Baby quilt: spring strings (top done 3/10), basted 8/10, done 1/11
  3. Bloom Mini Quilt done 1/11
  4. 3 Quilted Book Covers started and done 1/11
2011 WIPs:

I only added 2 items to this list this month, so with the finishes above, I am heading in the right direction: towards starting some new projects that are currently just glimmers in my mind's eye...
  1. Stars & Strings tabletopper (started 2009) top done 7/10, basted,hand-quilting in progress
  2. Houses Donation quilt top done 8/10
  3. Bright Snowballs (started 2009, top done)
  4. Applique Flowers Wall Quilt top done 8/10
  5. Indian Summer top done 12/10
  6. Gypsy Madness Leaders & Enders top done 1/11
  7. Wedding Ring Table Runner top done, quilted 10/10
  8. Girly I Spy Quilt top done 1/11
  9. Stash Busting Bee International Log Cabin
  10. Say Cheese Self-Portrait
  11. Seasons Mat for R's preschool
  12. Crumb Blocks
  13. Pinwheel Quilt
  14. Holy Night
  15. Soup Dragon
  16. Yellow & Orange Log Cabins
  17. Rainbow String Quilt
On the design burner (fabric has been pulled or cut, but no sewing has been done):
  1. Bricks & stones baby quilt
  2. Boy blocks baby quilt
  3. Girl blocks baby quilt
  4. Grey baby quilt
  5. 2233 Pineapple
  6. Bento Boxes for S
  7. Leopard Roses
  8. Christmas quilts
  9. Donation quilt for A's school auction
Quilting
I did it! I bit the bullet and practiced my Free Motion Quilting. I only procrastinated in that for a year, so I am going to wait a little longer to post about it ;-)

Stash
Uh-oh, not so good here. All those irresistable year end sales that I just had to treat myself to for Christmas and my birthday mean that I can barely put all my fabric away. As long as I stop buying and keep sewing, this will work out fine, but I need to correct that course ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment