Monday, July 12, 2010

The Power of Lists

Yesterday, I made lists. Lists of quilts I have finished this year, of my WIPs, and of the quilts I am planning to start. It was an inspiring and invigorating exercise: I already finished one quilt and completed a quilt top that has been a WIP for more than a year!

This is a mini quilt I made with my 4 year old. She embroidered and drew on the fabric squares, then chose the other fabrics. I did the sewing and consulted her on the quilting. I loved that she choose a machine binding so she could play with it sooner!

4 comments:

  1. Love that you have a little designer. How fun! I have been making lists today because I am having too lazy of a summer. At the end of each day I think of all the things I could have or should have accomplished. I am spending a lot of my time with my kids, which isn't bad, but I could be using other times during the day more wisely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the sweetest little quilt! What a great mom you are--encouraging your daughter's creativity--you go girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaawwwwwhhh!!! that is so sweet!!!
    My daughter insists she doesn't like sewing even though she has three quilts under her belt... ;-) enjoy that precious time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! Go us, working on our WIPs!!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete