Thursday, January 7, 2010

Whipping right along

This week has been pretty productive sewing wise so far...

I basted the I Spy Houses quilt, and made some progress on the other I Spy donation quilts that I'm using the extra I Spy fabric for... although I changed my plan for those again, too. Now I'm thinking of using all the log cabins in one (shown in the background here, laid out on my "design wall"/ bed) and adding a border, and all 6" squares in the other, since I already have a bunch of them sewn together and am trying to minimize my time with the seam ripper. Nothing like laziness to inform your design decisions....

I planned ahead (!) for my Leaders and Enders project and cut a bunch of my blue, orange and yellow strips into 2.5" squares. I'll chain piece them into 4-patches and then see what becomes of them...

Meanwhile, inspiration lurks everywhere. I dreamed up a gorgeous green, blue and yellow string quilt while waking up this morning, with this green wonky plaid fabric I found and some Amy Butler Duck Egg French Wallpaper... It will be feminine but not girly, and perfect for a few of the expectant families on my list if their babies are girls. Add that one to the list...

This guy caught my eye while window shopping for shoes with my preschooler this morning... wouldn't his brown and blue spottedness make a great quilt? I like the ochre on the coral as an accent color too!

No comments:

Post a Comment