Monday, January 11, 2010

Gift Bag

I whipped up this little bag over the weekend as a late holiday gift for our babysitter (she's the best!) I used the Buttercup Bag pattern from Made by Rae. It is a great (free!) pattern- the bag was super quick and easy to make. The best part was that all the materials came from my stash! I used denim for the body, and added a heavyweight fusible interfacing to the purple Kaffe stripe accent so it would be a more similar weight to the denim. The inside is lined with the same teal and lime print as for the button loop. The pattern actually calls for a magnetic snap, but since I didn't have one of those, I modified the closure to use what I did have. I'm really trying hard to resist the urge to reward my stash busting efforts with fabric shopping!

1 comment:

  1. Cute, cute, cute! I think I need to make one for me. I love that the button loop is a different fabric from the trim.

    ReplyDelete