I read Kit's Year in Review post and was struck by how much she had accomplished and how much she had progressed in her quilting skill in only a year. I was inspired by her intention and the attention she put on learning and expressing specific skills, feelings and relationships in each quilt. In that spirit, I am going to hone my quilting to achieve more specific goals this year.
- Machine quilting: I will improve my machine quilting repertoire including better free-motion quilting. I will get a walking foot to help with my straight line quilting done 2/10 and seek out resources for free-motion practice.
- Applique: I will try at least 3 different applique methods this year.
- I will strive to quilt exclusively from my stash unless I absolutely can't find a satisfactory option there. By the end of the year I will at least make space for my fat quarter boxes on my fabric rack.
- I will work on at least 1 Leaders and Enders project this year to maximize my quilting time for the goal of using up my stash of scraps.
- In the interest of giving back as well as stash busting, I will donate at least half of the 12 the quilts I make this year, or at least 6 quilts if I make more than 12.
- I Spy Houses (started 2009) done 1/10
- 2 I Spy donation quilts 1 done 1/10, 1 done 4/10
- Bright Snowballs (started 2009)
- Stars & Strings tabletopper (started 2009)
- 2233 Pineapple
- Baby quilts for D&B, B&C, S&S, L&K- grey & orange rails top finished 2/10, pink Hop Skip Jump, and floral log cabin top done 3/10 among them?
- Leopard Roses
- Pink Squares top done 3/10
- Christmas runner(s)
- Wedding gifts for E & for NJ- liberated wedding rings as placemats, throw?
- Donation quilt for A's school auction
I am setting the bar high for this year. It's a new year, a new decade, a new era... let's start it right!