Monday, February 28, 2011

February Progress

It's already the end of February? I know it's a short month, but I don't know if 3 more days would make it seem any slower... It's time to check in with The List , my annual goal setting and focus-inducing effort.

It seems the theme of February, was variety! January was a great month quilting wise and while I've kept up some of the momentum in February, I worked on a huge range of different projects, and only finished one quilt. But, I also started a new job as a preschool teacher and managed to troubleshoot and (hopefully) fix my machine.

Finished Quilts of 2011

I finished the cute Girly I Spy this month, bringing my total finished for the year to date up to 5.
  1. Christmas Tree Mini Quilts done 1/11
  2. Baby quilt: spring strings (top done 3/10), basted 8/10, done 1/11
  3. Bloom Mini Quilt done 1/11
  4. 3 Quilted Book Covers started and done 1/11
  5. Girly I Spy Quilt done 2/11
2011 WIPs:

I finished one project from this list (yay!), added 2 (whoops!), and moved 2 projects off the design burner to here... which both got a lot of my attention and are almost finished quilts.

  1. Stars & Strings tabletopper (started 2009) top done 7/10, basted,hand-quilting in progress*
  2. Houses Donation quilt top done 8/10
  3. Bright Snowballs (started 2009, top done)
  4. Applique Flowers Wall Quilt top done 8/10
  5. Indian Summer top done 12/10
  6. Gypsy Madness Leaders & Enders top done 1/11
  7. Wedding Ring Table Runner top done, quilted 10/10
  8. Amish-ish Mini Quilt* top done & basted 2/11
  9. Boy blocks baby quilt top done 2/11*
  10. Grey baby quilt * top done 2/11
  11. Stash Busting Bee International Log Cabin
  12. Say Cheese Self-Portrait
  13. Seasons Mat for R's preschool
  14. Crumb Blocks-->stars*
  15. Pinwheel Quilt
  16. Holy Night
  17. Soup Dragon*
  18. Yellow & Orange Log Cabins*
  19. Rainbow String Quilt*
  20. Scrappy Sixteens*
* Quilts I worked on this month

On the design burner (fabric has been pulled or cut, but no sewing has been done):
  1. Bricks & stones baby quilt
  2. Girl blocks baby quilt
  3. 2233 Pineapple
  4. Bento Boxes for S
  5. Leopard Roses
  6. Christmas quilts
  7. Donation quilt for A's school auction
  8. Retro Rail Fence
Quilting
I would like to practice my FMQ more. I talked to some quilters who keep a scrap sandwich by their machine, so they can practice different motifs whenever time allows. I like this idea, but I think I'll keep a mini quilt on hand for this purpose.

Stash
OK, just a few irresistible thrift store finds, some Katie Jump Rope off of Etsy for the Soup Dragon (I had to have the yellow posies and then 2 other favorite prints came along for the party), and a wool scrap bundle to celebrate my new job.

The next goal: a quilt-a-thon in March... tops be gone!


No comments:

Post a Comment