Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I Heart Applique

One of my goals this year has been to learn needle-turn applique. Actually, it's been a goal for longer than that, but it's taken a while to overcome my intimidation of hand sewing-- and hand applique in particular. I've been hanging out with my applique book-- Piece O' Cake's New Applique Sampler-- since the beginning of the year, and this month, it finally happened.

I appliqued.

Not by the book, just cutting fabric freehand, and following the Piece O' Cake techniques....

My blocks are not perfect, but they are pretty. And I'm in love with applique! I'm trying to decide whether to make these into a table topper or wall hanging....

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! I have wanted to learn needle turn applique as well. I usually use the method with freezer paper then starching the seam, and pressing around the edge of the freezer paper. Needle turn applique seems so untouchable. Probably just need to sit down and try it. Good for you for doing just that.

    ReplyDelete