Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Vacation Inspiration


I recently got back from 2 weeks in Puerto Rico, and I'm all sun warmed and rejuvenated from my vacation! I love that big breath of fresh air that I get from traveling and returning home.

I'm creatively refreshed, too, although it's taken some time to get back to sewing. I did take an applique project with me, but ended up only using my sewing kit for first aid (nasty ant bites! Blisters! Splinters! Very handy!)

The colors and sights of the tropics gave me plenty of inspiration, though... and a longing to return to La Isla del Encanto soon!


Since returning, I did start working on my applique, as well as quilting on the Watercolor Log Cabin quilt, mending 3 articles of clothing for my husband, assembling 2 costumes in a week for my 8 year old (Dress as a Favorite Book Character and an Alice in Wonderland costume party!), and making a block for the Stash Busting Bee International. All in addition to unpacking, cleaning, doing laundry and working in the garden... it just shows how energizing vacationing is. I think I need to take them more often!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is so awesome that you got to go on such a great trip. I am glad you had such a great time. Looks beautiful there. You sure have been productive since you got back. Looks like it was just what you needed.

    ReplyDelete