Saturday, April 17, 2010

Cheese!


I joined Victoria's Say Cheese play group... I would call it a challenge, but the challenge is to play! Take a photo of yourself and turn it into a fabric portrait... It's fun and there is a lot of talent over there!

So far, I have been cutting fabric freehand and laying it out... it's a very liberating "sewing" experience. I used to do a lot of collage and this combines that love with fabric- it doesn't get much better! I will fuse it together, add a background and quilt it next... happy sewing!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Alexis, This is darlin! Well done! Happy sewing, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea. You did a great job! I love how you used the different fabrics for your hair especially the floral one. And it looks like you!

    ReplyDelete