Saturday, October 3, 2009

Warming up to Autumn

These blocks will soon be heading to Brenda for the Stash Busting Bee International. She requested fall colored nine-patches using the light batik charm squares she sent. This month was a bit of a stretch for me, since I don't consider myself a "fall" person, and doubted I had many appropriate fabrics in my stash. I was pleasantly surprised to find an abundance of autumnal fabrics, many of which I found new appreciation for in these color combinations. It just goes to show that there are no "uglies," just colors you haven't learned to love yet. I loved these so much, I spirited them out to the garden when the rain stopped yesterday. They make me smile. So much so, that I am planning a nine-patch quilt in these colors. And I even saved some of these scraps for it.

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty 9 patches. I like how you hung them outside for the picture.

    ReplyDelete