Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Swap Blocks and Scrap Busting

I finished a block for the Stash Busting Bee International for Lish today! I had a zillion ideas for the fabric she sent out (the red print below) but ended up making the same pinwheel block as my other swap group is using. I have a few strips of her fabric left, so I am thinking about making one more block just to exercise my creativity.

While I was sewing my swap block, my 7 year old finished the faux Ugly Doll she started sewing at school. I was really excited because we stuffed it with the scrap stuffing- all the bits that are to small to even be crumbs or strings, along with thread clippings and little pieces of batting scraps- that I compulsively save because I just can't throw fabric away. It turned out great! Now to make a few more stuffed toys to use up the other bags of stuffing size scraps I have stashed in the closet!

1 comment:

  1. That Ugly doll is really cute. Your daughter must be a double genius like her momma. Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete