It has been a while, but I've completed 2, yes, 2 quilts in the last month or however long it has been since I last posted anything here.
The first is the log cabin quilt I made for Mo & Ruth. I'm really happy with it, both it's surface value and its symbolism. I chose the 2 colors to represent the 2 of them coming together to create a happy home (the log cabin block.) Ruth loved it when I showed her the WIP, but Mo didn't want to see it until it was done! How is that for a great example of the differences that come together in a marriage? And yet the combined effect is beautiful.... I should really get a better picture when my camera is cooperating better! The finished size is 60" square- perfect for cuddling on a crisp fall day.
The second is a scrappy brick path I am donating to the Jobs With Justice fund-raiser auction. I love the color combination on this one, but I wish I was better at machine quilting, since it would be so beautiful all quilted up and crinkly. On the up side, I did just get a darning foot, so I plan to practice my free motion quilting skills on a series of doll quilts next. This was such an easy quilt to piece, I will have to make another one once I can stipple worth a darn.
The backing and some of the bricks are fabrics I found at Goodwill, and the batting and floss used to tie the quilt were also thrifted. All materials used in the making of this quilt were from my stash, in fact, and that is a pretty satisfying feeling! It finished at about 38" x 55".