Saturday, August 9, 2008

Progress

I'm experiencing an explosion of creative energy after completing my rainbow quilt! I worked on the strip twist and scrappy Ohio stars yesterday.

I had to put the strip twist aside for a while- I decided I do not like the quilting I did on it, not at all. It's so dynamic, I think it needs some really wild, free motion quilting, so I'll have to get a darning foot for my machine and practice before requilting it. It should make a good project for this fall and winter.

Ohio stars is coming along nicely- I pieced the purple row and added the rainbow sashings. Just two more rows of stars to go!

I also started a log cabin quilt for Mo & Ruth's wedding gift. The wedding is in 2 weeks and I'm hoping I'll get a chance to finish it in time. It's much less scrappy than most of my others, but the blocks are looking beautiful so far. I'm planning on a zig-zag set, throw size.

No comments:

Post a Comment