Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Trying Something New

I have been sewing something other than 16-patches (but don;t worry, 16-patches, I still love you!)

I have this improvisational red and yellow quilt called the Soup Dragon. It called for an arc of points, which has had me stymied for quite a while. How do I do that? I thought paper piecing would be my best bet, and thankfully, Victoria had a reassuring tutorial that helped me overcome my apprehension that I would ruin everything totally.

I discovered that paper piecing is actually pretty easy.

And it looks great.

Now to finish piecing that brown/ochre border (in much smaller bits) and figure out how to attach it along the curve. Another something new to try... it's amazing how much you can learn when you follow your intuition!

No comments:

Post a Comment