Monday, February 7, 2011

Seriously Cute

These 16-patch blocks are 6 1/2"... so little and so cute! I had been planning on making these blocks from my scrap strips for a while... all the scrap quilts from the 1930s and 40s with 2 color blocks really get me going... especially 16-patch and bow ties. Love them! Not that my scraps look like a Kansas farm wife's in the 40s... but they are really cute in little blocks. (The colors in the photo are horrible... I need to find a better way to fix that, iPhoto isn't cutting it.)

I was supposed to be a good girl and finish something before I started these... but it's better to have fun than be good! I am quilting a kids quilt, but I keep running out of thread- dang it!
When I couldn't quilt, I cruised Flickr and ran across this phenomenal Seriously Red quilt by Linda Rotz Miller (whose photostream is endlessly inspiring!) I seriously had to start piecing 16-patch blocks right away!

It turned out that my 2 1/2" strips were pretty well under control but my 2" strips were bursting out of their bag... so out they came to play. I think these will end up being a baby quilt... possibly hand quilted.

Piecing scraps and listening to jazz on a Monday night... as Shelly would say, quilting makes my skirt fly up! Seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment