Tuesday, January 4, 2011

More Madness

I finished my Gypsy Madness quilt top this weekend- it's my version of Kaffe Fassett's Diagonal Madness Quilt from Country Garden Quilts. I started making it from yellow, orange pink and blue scraps as my Leaders & Enders project last year. I ended up adding an extra border of Amish Buggy, or 16-patch, blocks to make it fit my queen size bed.

This is a huge quilt for me... it barely fit on my living room floor to lay it out and quilting is going to be a B! I had to get my husband and my daughter to help hold it up so I get photo of the whole thing. My daughter is standing on a chair behind there, it's so big! We had to go outside to take a picture because of the size, before it starts raining later this week. Even with all those shadows, I am loving the striking watercolor tones of this quilt!


I'm planning on sticking to Kaffe's simple quilting from the book... I want to get this done and on my bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment