Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Sun Break


When I started this quilt at the beginning of the year, I was thinking of sunbreaks in your typical Seattle way- the glorious moments when the grey clouds part, and the light pours through. Today, I'm working on this quilt, taking a break from the sun. It's a rare stretch when we have real heat for days in a row and we are all starting to wilt a bit. In fact, if it stays hot much longer, my betta is going to be a slow cooked fish dinner!

It's only cool enough to sew late at night and early in the morning. Especially if you need to press binding. Good thing is, I gave myself a mommy time-out this morning (don't talk to me for 15 minutes!) and now the binding is all ready for both the Sunbreak pillow and it's matching quilt. And the temps are supposed to drop down to the 60s and 70s later this week... perfect timimg for finishing that binding.

No comments:

Post a Comment