Friday, October 16, 2009

QuiltFest!

I went to the 2009 QuiltFest in LaConner a few weeks ago, not to be confused with the Blogger Quilt Festival in my last post! I had a great time enjoying the scenic country drive with my mom and seeing some fabulous quilts. Here are a few of my favorites from the day:

"Summer Lake Day" by Allison Aller

An AMAZING landscape crazy quilt.


She used a lot of hand dyed fabrics and unique embellishments, including rocks. It looked like they were hot glued onto a button back. So cool!




"Pineapple Salsa" by Trudy Davis

A fun combonation of Hawaiian applique and wonky pineapple blocks that I LOVE. I just found a pineapple quilt book from This Patchwork Place at Goodwill, and I am really looking forward to a making something pineapple-y soon.




"February in Anchorage" by Cinda Langjahr

A stunning modern quilt, inspired by a building in Anchorage.


The quilting on this was tight!




"Simply Delicious Parlour Fruit" by Barb Lambrecht

Lots of great applique on a black and white pieced background. I love the juxtaposition of the pieceing and black and white with the bright colored and lusciously appliqued fruit. I'd love to do smething like this with a light green paisely that is in my stash, awaiting something soemthing special, for the background, and bright colors for the patchy sashings. So inspiring!


I'll post some more favorites from the La Conner Quilt & Textile Museum, too. It was a great show, with a quilt walk through the tiny historic downtown shopping district as an added perk. With some golden fall sunshine and a fantastic lunch at the La Conner Seafood & Prime Rib House (local oysters & wine!), it was a pretty much perfect day- I 'm looking forward to going back next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment