Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Swappy Goodness

I made some fun wonky stars for the Stash Busting Bee International over the weekend:

I decided to make an extra star and set it in a twinkling little wall hanging. It measures 10" square. I used up some extra strip for the border, and a piece of recycled shirt (in the background) for the backing, plus a batting scrap. A nice little stashbuster!

I also got 3 (!) pinwheel blocks from the Quilt Blocks for Show & Tell group. These came from Sylvie in France, Shanna in Kuwait (not the UAE- oops! Thanks for the correction, Shanna- I guess we need to spend some time with the atlas!) and Hanies in Germany. It's extra fun to see swaps come in from around the world! I love how these pinwheels are going to look together!

4 comments:

  1. You look like you are on a roll with those star blocks. Love the one you turned into the wall hanging too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay it made it! i'm actually in kuwait not the UAE but it doesn't matter! the UAE is a group of seven states, or emirates, around dubai.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo sweet, that little star--love the wallhanging idea!!

    Beautiful pinwheels--what an amazing quilt it will be, indeed!

    Also, thank you for your lovely encouraging comment on my blog today:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those wonky stars are making me fall in love!!

    ReplyDelete