Monday, June 2, 2008

My first ever quilt blog

Is there room in the blog world for another quilting mom? I've been pouring over quilt blogs recently, gathering ideas and inspiration, so I decided to start my own. Besides I figured this would be a good place to record the quilts I've made and plan to make.

I've been sewing since I was a kid, and always kept my scraps thinking I could use them for something one day. I finally started quilting about a year ago when I traded some baby clothes for a quilt book on a forum I frequent. My first project was not a quilt, but a patchwork toddler-size pillow cover.


I love the scraps from different projects and how each one tells a story. The pink stars and yellow fairies came from a great little fabric shop in Hawaii, and were a favorite skirt for a while. The yellow gingham was intended for a crib bumper that never came to be. The fabulous Amy Butler Duck Egg French Wallpaper was leftover from making a baby carrier. This has gotten more crinkly and lovely with every washing.

No comments:

Post a Comment